INTERVIEW: Ricky Whittle.

The 'Hollyoaks' & 'Strictly' star is making his mark on the US. Here's our interview with Ricky Whittle:

 
Do you feel pressured by the media/photographers to keep working out to maintain your impressive body?
"Not at all, I never pay too much attention to what the media says as it can consume you! I work out as I like to stay fit & healthy plus I have a crazy sweet tooth that needs constantly addressing! I don't like veg, fruit, fish or eggs. I live off burgers, pizza, thai, steak, indian, & chinese. So... if I wanna play hard, I have to work hard! I'm lucky to have a quick metabolism & good genes, so I'm naturally toned, but the gym helps."
 
You obviously did well on 'Strictly Come Dancing', is there any other reality programme that you'd love to do? 'Celebrity Big Brother'? 'I'm A Celebrity'?
"No, I did 'Strictly' because I loved the show & I watched it as a kid with my nan. It was a chance to learn a new skill too! I have a new found respect for dancers & dance itself & continue to dance in LA, I love it! If I ever do reality again, it's only for ridiculous money & because I live in LA, I don't care about what the British press would have to say & it doesn't affect my career in the states! I'm filming a lot out in the US & that's what I love. 'Single ladies' is out in May & my first feature film is out later this year too, so reality is just extra payday if I ever decide to do it again."
 

What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
"More of the same! I'm living & following my dreams! I live in LA, shooting American films & TV, surrounded by good people. I'm healthy & blessed. Everyday I wake up with a smile as the sun pours in my window. On days off I hike, chill by the pool or by the beach. The food is amazing here, as are the people. I'm proud of what I've achieved so far & will always hope to do more of the same but I'm just really happy! More films to come, so exciting times ahead..."

Do you have any regrets in life?
"I'm a strong believer of you only regret the things that you don't do, missed opportunities! Mistakes shape us & give us experience! I could say that I wish my mum had let me move to California when I was 18! I was offered a football scholarship but she would have been too worried! I think the only regret in life I'll ever have is not spending more time with loved ones that I've lost! But I always carry incredible memories & our past shapes our future so if anything had have been different, I may not be where I am now... For me, a happy place where I'm really enjoying life."

 
How hard was it to make it in the US?
"I wouldn't say I've broken America yet, I hadn't even broken the UK! I'm just lucky enough to be working! I feel positivity breeds positivity. So, in an industry famed for saying no, I've never let it get to me! I believe in what's meant to be will be. However, success is a result of hard work, meeting opportunity and luck! I always believe there is someone out there working out more, studying more, reading more and prepared to go that extra mile to achieve & be better than the next person! I will always strive to be that person! Rejection is much easier in my eyes if you gave it your all! Never live with regrets! Stay positive, work hard & when the opportunity comes, grab it & don't let go! Then after that, never be satisfied or comfortable as like I said before, there's always someone working hard to replace you! Inspire people with hard work, dedication & kindness, then people will want to work with you..."
 
 
Thanks, Ricky!
 
Follow @ShowbizSecrets on Twitter, here, for all of the latest celebrity news.