INTERVIEW: Michelle Visage.

Michelle Visage is a judge on the US smash hit series, 'RuPaul's Drag Race', a programme that boasts celebrity fans including, Cher, Lady Gaga & Nicki Minaj. We talk to the former girl-group star about the 6th series of the hit series & her rumoured future stint in a certain 'CBB' house...
 
We hear that you are a bit of an Anglophile? What do you love so much about the UK?
"Cadbury."

 You already have a Gay Times column in the UK, do you have any plans to come & visit?

"Are you KIDDING ME?! Absolutely! The thing is, when I come over, I am going to make it huge for everyone involved. I want to meet all of the 'RuPaul's Drag Race' fans, sign whatever they want, laugh with all of them, perform, hang out, shop, have a proper high tea, go to Brentwood in Essex, have a ’99, go to High Clare Castle (Downton Abbey), take the tube everywhere, go to Newcastle-upon-Tyne (why aye, pet), go to the Tunnock’s teacake factory, go to Tayto Castle, go to Semichem to buy Amy Childs & Katie Price's fragrances, go to G A Y & dance my arse off & I MUST go to Primark! Trust me, I have tons of other things that I want to do, but I will save some of them, so you don’t think that I've completely lost the plot."
 
Speaking of visiting the UK, we hear that you are a fan of 'Celebrity Big Brother' & have heard rumours that you might be a future housemate? Would you ever enter the house? 
"I believe that I would, but I need to be in a good house though... The thing is, I think that the tawdry sex bit gets old & Brits are SO much smarter than that. When they put funny, talented, opinionated, polarizing personalities together in there, it's the most amazing TV. But when you put a bunch of slags in there, both male & female, it's predictable & quite honestly, boring. So I would go in, if we could make genius television. I would do it for the gays… naturally."
 
For anyone who has not seen 'RuPaul's Drag Race', how would you describe it?
"1. Ballsy (because it does take balls).
2. Honest (because there is NOTHING more honest than boys dressing like girls).
3. Gorgeous (because nobody does it prettier than a drag queen does).
4. Scandalous (because from start to finish, there are scandals everywhere).
5. Groundbreaking (because only RuPaul has what it takes to make this what it is today & is always an innovator & always a hero to so many)."
 
Your UK fanbase is growing rapidly now that 'RPDR' is being shown here on Netflix, so what can we expect from the 6th series?
"Season 6 is probably the strongest season yet, right out of the box. You can see from the start that these Queens are NOT playing & each & every one of them came to win, not to learn."
Thanks, Michelle!
Follow @ShowbizSecrets on Twitter, here, for all of the latest celebrity news.